Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 3 Subway ride to the Museum

We were happily riding the crowded subway to the museum, when these three men started pushing people out of the center of the subway. I couldn't understand or hear very well what they were saying, but it looked like they were going to start fighting or something.

My first impression was completely wrong. They were simply clearing their stage for their dance performance. They had a little boombox and turned on some hip hop music and got their groove on in the middle of the subway. It was one of my favorite parts of the trip (I think it was my mom's too).

They were very good dancers- doing flips and all sorts of breakdance moves in a very small space.

When they first started clearing the middle, Cam whispered to me "Put your head down and don't look at them" (I think he was thinking a fight was coming too). After they started dancing I took my camera out to get this picture and Cam was mortified. After their dance, I gave them a few bucks and Cam was ready to put me back on the plane to Utah. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment