Friday, December 12, 2008

Last Day...Airplane ride home

We got to the JFK Airport two and 1/2 hours early. Yuck... The entire drive there I was pestering Hannah trying to keep her awake so she would sleep on the airplane. No such luck, she fell asleep and had a 30 minute nap. Not to long, but Hannah likes cat naps and can wake up and be energized for hours so I was worried!

Also, our ride to the airport came to pick us up about 10 minutes early. We got a call in the apartment saying they were here and to hurry down. In our rush, I forgot the filled, ready to go, sippy cup in the fridge door. This was not good. Hannah LOVES her sippy cup, and although I am embarrassed to admit this, it is basically her pacifier. If she is upset, the sippy cup can always calm her down. It is also the secret to getting her to fall asleep easily. I was so scared to fly 5 hours home without the sippy! You really don't know how important that dang cup was to our happiness and the other passengers happiness!!!

When we got to the airport I went on a sippy cup hunt. I asked an employee if anywhere sold sippy cups. He said to me "What is a sippy cup?" Not good. We looked in a few stores and there was NO sippy cups to be found. I was having major anxiety at this point, imagining Hannah screaming the entire ride home. I gave up looking and bought a water bottle with a cap top hoping that it would be able to trick Hannah.

Trying to pass the time Carson and I went browsing again in the airport and I asked the store employee if they sold bottles or binkies (I was desperate!) and sure enough the had a bottle. I immediately bought it and hoped for the best. Now to clarify, Hannah has not had a bottle in over 7 months, when she did have a bottle it was very rarely, as I fed her with alternative methods. :) I wasn't sure the bottle would do the trick but luckily it did!! Yeah for bottles!! My mom said now I was just going to have to wean Hannah again for the next two months, but she hasn't seen the bottle since and hasn't missed it, so it was worth giving it back for peace on the plane!



Looking out the window for take off. I love this picture. SO cute.



This is how all airplane rides should be.


No comments:

Post a Comment