Thursday, December 11, 2008

Last Day Continued


This isn' t very good...I don't know how to flip it the right direction or to make it not so dark. The picture is quite larte 16x20 done with charcoal. Click on it to make it bigger. You get the idea but the original is much lighter and far more beautiful.


Hannah and Carson posing...The artwork itself was $30.00 and the frame was $20.00




After Central Park we rode the subway back to Chambers Street and walked to Battery park. We had been there before and thought they had the best souvenier shops. We picked up a few things and also my favorite souvernir. There were multiple artists along the sidewalk-some wanting to paint your picture others selling artwork of some of the sights in NYC. Most of the artists did caricture pictures which I didn't really like. Who wants a picture of their kids with their mouth (or ears or nose..whatever feature they chose) distorted?? Not me. We found one artist who did "normal" (for lack of a better word) drawings and had him draw Hannah and Carson.






I was so impressed with him. He was very talented. He drew both kids in about fifteen minutes and it turned out pretty good I thought. It is by far my favorite keepsake.






No comments:

Post a Comment